Change is something that excites people who love opportunities for growth, to see and learn about new things, or who like to shift the status quo. Some changes, however, are harder to adjust to and lead to expressions of resistance and anger. We can take concrete steps to make change more palatable by understanding people’s hesitation, enlisting the help of others, setting up plans, and managing stressors. These steps can also ensure that desired changes are implemented successfully.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn how to manage and cope with change and how to help those around you, too.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants to:
- Accept there are no normal or abnormal ways of reacting to change, but that we must start from where we are.
- See change not as something to be feared and resisted but as an essential element of the world to be accepted.
- Understand that adapting to change is not technical but attitudinal. Change is not an intellectual issue but one that strikes at who you are.
- Recognize that before we can embrace the way things will be, we may go through a process of grieving, and of letting go of the way things used to be.
- See change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation.
- Identify strategies for helping change to be accepted and implemented in the workplace.
Session One: Course Overview
- Setting the Stage
- Agenda Review
- Course Overview
- Learning Objectives
- Action Plans and Evaluations
Session Two: What is Change?
- The Change Cycle
- Transitions/Neutral Zone
Session Three: What is Change Management?
- Benefits of Change Management
Session Four: The Human Reaction to Change
- Control and Change
- The Four-Room Apartment
Session Five: The Pace of Change
- The Trend of Change
- Energizer: Changing Places
Session Six: Dealing with Resistance
- Understanding Resistance
- Making Change Stick
Session Seven: Adapting to Change
- Adjusting Your Attitude
- Some Facts about Attitude
- Overcoming the Fear of Change
- Understanding Resiliency
Session Eight: Coping with Reactions to Change
- Stress Management
- Session Nine: Delivering Your Message
- Check for Understanding
- Session Ten: Action Plan
- Workshop Wrap-Up