This three-day course prepares you for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables you to understand a new way to look at IT Service Management through a Service Value System (SVS). ITIL 4 takes you through an in-depth view of a Service Value System (SVS), which provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile, DevOps and Organizational Change Management.
A fully corporate endorsed ITIL approach will provide detailed guidance for your organization on how to use IT as a tool to facilitate business change, transformation, and growth. ITIL advocates that IT and digital services are aligned to the needs of the business and support its core objectives and goals.
At the end of this course, attendees will have an understanding of the following:
- High level overview of ITIL v3’s 5-step Lifecycle model and how the current 26 processes and functions map to the new ITIL 4 model SVS model
- The seven Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL’s new Service Value Chain
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- The 34 ITIL practices, with a main focus on the 18 practices that are testable on the ITIL 4 Foundation exam.
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and Organizational Change Management, and why these are important to deliver business value
None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial.
Who Should Attend:
All are welcome to this informative course. The ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course is especially beneficial for anyone working in IT looking for IT Service Management education and an understanding of how to provide business value. This course would also benefit anyone who is looking to upgrade their ITIL v3 certification and knowledge.
- The ITIL Foundation Certification exam is included in the cost of this course.
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
- The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions
- A passing score is 26/40 or 65%
- Students will have 1 hour to complete the exam
- The exam is closed book
- An in-depth exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- plus if needed a free repeat within 30-days
Virtual course exams are administered online by an independent examination body. Participants are provided with an exam voucher so they may schedule the exam at their convenience on any date after completion of the course. A webcam will be required to take the certification exam.
Upon successful passing of the ITIL Foundation exam, the student will be recognized with 2 credits in the ITIL Qualification Scheme.