Course Length: Three days
The ITIL® Specialist - Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) is one of five courses needed to achieve ITIL 4’s Managing Professional (MP) designation.
This course covers the core service management activities and expands beyond the current scope of ITIL v3 to cover the ‘creation’ of services.
The course agenda covers the following ITIL 4 practices to help you understand the major factors that contribute to the successful creation, delivery, and support across ITIL’s new service value system (SVS) business model:
- Service design price and orchestration
- Software development and management
- Deployment management
- Release management
- Service validation and testing
- Change enablement
- Ensuring stakeholder satisfaction
- Service Desk
- Incident management – detection and resolution
- Problem management
- Knowledge management
- Service level management
- Monitoring and event management
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate.
Who Should Attend:
This course is aimed at IT service management practitioners who are seeking to obtain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation, and/or responsible for the operation of IT-enabled and digital services and for end-to-end support and delivery.
Roles include but are not limited to: Service Desk Directors/Managers; IT Infrastructure & Support Directors/Managers; Problem, Change, and Release Managers; DevOps Directors/Managers; Continual Improvement Program/Project Directors/Managers; Senior Service & Support Analysts; Process/Practice Owners; Service Level Management Directors/Managers.
Students of this course will have the opportunity to gain the following competencies:
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Learn the concepts and challenges that relate to organizational structure, team capabilities, roles, and culture across the SVS
- Understand the value of positive communications
- Understand the planning and management of resources in the SVS
- Understand the value and use of IT across the SVS
- Discover how relevant ITIL practices contribute to creation, delivery, and support across the SVS and value streams
- Learn how to design, develop, and transition a value stream using ITIL practices
- Learn how to better provide user support using ITIL practices
- Learn how to create, deliver, and support services
- Discover how to prioritize, structure, and coordinate work and activities
- Understand buy versus build considerations, sourcing options, and service integration management (SIAM)
- The Certification exam is included within the cost of this course.
- The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions
- A passing score is 28/40 or 70%
- Students will have 90 minutes to complete the exam
- The exam is closed book
- An in-depth exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam