Gain the critical knowledge necessary to help reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Build a solid foundation in human resource management.
- Discuss key pieces of federal legislation that impact HR.
- Understand the role of the EEOC and its investigatory process.
- Improve your employee recruitment and selection process to help avoid legal pitfalls.
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation, and benefits information to staff at all levels.
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, and training and development.
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- The HR profession Strategic and human resource planning
- Federal CEO legislation The EEOC and affirmative action Compensation legislation Other federal
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
- Recruiting The selection process Evaluating applicants
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Orientation, training, and development Training program design Training evaluation
- Performance management systems Performance appraisal process Disciplinary action Termination