Mile2’s Certified Security Principles course provides the skills necessary to apply and implement technical knowledge of security concepts in today’s security environment. Students will gain an in‐depth knowledge of systems security, access control, network infrastructure, assessments and audits, cryptography and organizational security across all vendor products. These skills have become increasingly important, as additional safeguards such as intrusion detection systems, physical access control and multi‐factor authentication become standard methods of protection. Students are given real world scenarios to reinforce the material covered and will learn how to apply the concepts to their daily operations.
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Manage data, application, and host security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures
- Manage certificates.
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.
Module 1 - Threats and Vulnerabilities
Module 2 - Cryptography
Module 3 - Identity and Access Control
Module 4 - Network Security
Module 5 - Host/Server Security
Module 6 - Data Security
Module 7 - Application Security
Module 8 - Mobile Security
Module 9 - Compliance and Operational Security