Course Duration: 3 Days
About This Course
This is a three-day Instructor-Led Training (ILT) course that targets the needs of information technology (IT) professionals who take part in administering, configuring, troubleshooting, and operating Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies. This course focuses on skills required to administer and troubleshoot Office 365 tenant and key services of Office 365, such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Skype for Business and Teams. It also covers security and compliance features of Office 365.
This course is intended for IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn about administration and troubleshooting techniques in Office 365. These professionals should have at least three years of experience working in their respective fields: ideally in the areas of system administration, network administration, and messaging.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 services.
- Administer Office 365 by using the graphical environment and Windows PowerShell.
- Administer and troubleshoot directory synchronization and directory objects.
- Administer and troubleshoot Exchange Online.
- Administer and troubleshoot Skype for Business Online and Microsoft Teams.
- Administer and troubleshoot SharePoint Online.
- Plan and deploy Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus.
- Administer and troubleshoot compliance and security in Office 365.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or newer.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or newer, Microsoft Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business 2015 Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 or newer is beneficial but not required.
Module 1: Office 365 services overview
This module describes the features of Office 365 and identifies recent improvements to the service. It also identifies licensing options, describes the process of Office 365 tenant configuration, and lists appropriate Office 365 client options.
Module 2: Office 365 administration, tools, and techniques
This module describes how to manage Office 365 by using the administrative portals and Windows PowerShell. It also explains how to manage administrative access and troubleshoot administration in Office 365.
Module 3: Administering and troubleshooting directory synchronization and directory objects
This module describes directory synchronization and federation. The module explains how to manage Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect (Azure AD Connect) and user and group objects in Office 365. Additionally, it describes how to troubleshoot objects and directory synchronization in Office 365.
Module 4: Administering and troubleshooting Exchange Online
This module describes the subscription options and roles in Exchange Online. It explains how to administer Exchange Online recipients and client access policies in Exchange Online and how to troubleshoot Exchange Online.
Module 5: Administering and troubleshooting Skype for Business Online and Teams
This module describes Skype for Business Online and Teams. It explains how to administer, manage, and troubleshoot Skype for Business Online and Teams.
Module 6: Administering and troubleshooting SharePoint Online
This module describes how to configure SharePoint Online settings and site collections and external user access to SharePoint Online. It also explains how to manage Microsoft OneDrive for Business synchronization and how to troubleshoot SharePoint Online.
Module 7: Planning and deploying Office 365 ProPlus
This module describes Office 365 ProPlus. It also explains how to plan and manage user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments and how to troubleshoot the deployments.
Module 8: Administering and troubleshooting compliance and security in Office 365
This module describes the compliance features in Office 365. It explains how to administer Azure Information Protection and the compliance features in Office 365, how to configure and administer email security in Office 365, and how to troubleshoot Office 365 compliance and protection.