CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
About the exam
- CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
- Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
5-days of training
Network+ certifications holders are required to renew their credential every three years. Renewal can be achieved two ways:
- Take the most current version of the Network+ certification exam.
- Earn Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) by participating in qualified activities, such as publishing an article or white paper, obtaining another industry certification, or attending a relevant conference or event. The Network+ certification requires 30 CEU’s per renewal.