About the course
This course familiarizes the participant with Microsoft Power Query, a revolutionary data tool for Excel that allows you to intuitively discover and automate the import, transformation, and combination of data across a variety of data sources for use in Excel and Microsoft Power BI. Power Query is a free add-in for Excel that enhances the self-service Business Intelligence experience in Excel. Power Query works with Excel 2010 and above.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Successfully navigate the Power Query interface.
- properly configure data types.
- perform importing data transforming data.
- perform appending operations.
- perform combining worksheets.
- Understand working with relational data.
- perform importing from SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional.
- perform importing from SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular.
- Understand the issues encountered when performing merges.
- utilize loading to Power BI Desktop.
- utilize the data sources available.
- utilize grouping and summarizing.
- Understand the M interface.
- Understand Power Query formulas.
Module 1: Course Overview
Module 2: Introduction to Power Query
Module 3: Working with CSV, TXT and Excel Worksheets
Module 4: Connecting to Databases
Module 5: Performing Merges
Module 6: Loading Your Data
Module 7: Grouping and Summarizing with Power Query