Three-day workshop begins with a basic understanding of a Business Analyst’s functions creating the need for change. A brief overview of an analysis documenting the business processes, systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology is examined. The Business Analyst will help guide the business in improving processes, products, services or software through data analytics initiating the need for change documented and supported with their data.
Replete with both “hard” and “soft” skills, the course builds a sound strategy for analyzing business processes and demonstrates how to apply concepts and practical techniques within the context of an experimental learning environment. By stepping through a case study that will take them from understanding the issues that lead to change, through the change process life cycle, and ending with a presentation to gain approval from stakeholders, students will emerge from this workshop with a greater understanding that doing the right things are just as important as doing things.
Why the need for change.
Implementation of the changes.
Module 1 Introduction
- Defining Business Analysis
- Today’s Approach to Business Analysis
- The System Development Life Cycle
Module 2 Strategy Analysis
- What is Strategy Analysis?
- What Information Should We Gather?
- Types of Information to Collect
- Sources of Information
- How Does Strategy Help the Change Initiative?
Module 3 Defining the Project Scope
- An Approach to Project Definition
- Step One Identify Issues
- Step Two Recognize Future Benefits
- Step Three Identify Stakeholders and Sponsors
- Step Four Diagram and Functional Flow
- Step Five Define the Project Objectives and Scope
Module 4 Procedure Analysis
- Preparing for Analysis
- Preforming Procedure Analysis
- Process Flow Modeling
- Swim Lane Diagram
- Process Scripts
Module 5 Interviewing
- Why Interview?
- Preparing for the Interview
- Interview Structure
- Questioning and Listening Techniques
- Listening for Requirements
- Holding the Interview
- Real World Application
Module 6 Requirements, Assumptions and Constraints
- Effective Requirements Practices
- Identifying Stakeholder Requirements
- Assumptions and Constraints
Module 7 Defining a Solution
- Solution Definition
- Review Project Scope
Module 8 Solution Implementation
- Systems Development Life Cycle
- Phases for Implementation Planning
- Planning to Implement the Future Changes
- Visualizing the Project Schedule for Implementation
- Real-World Application
Module 9 Management Presentation
- Business Case
- What's in this Management Presentation?
- Rehearsal and Practice Run
- Behavior Styles